Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hearty Breakfast

Today started out with a 3 mile run and our first family run. Sydney and Aspen both thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm currently training for another half-marathon in September, so I have training runs 3 days a week in preparation for the race. 

I was starving when we got back from our run and I knew exactly what I wanted. This is a recipe I originally found on carrotsncake, but I add chia seeds as well. 


In the mix:
3 egg whites
1 banana
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbs. flax meal
1 Tbs. chia seeds

Combine all ingredients and cook on the stove until desired consistency. Make sure that you spray the pot before you put the mixture in because it will stick otherwise. I stir in a Tablespoon of natural peanut butter once it is done cooking, but you can add any nut butter you wish.

What is your favorite nut butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment