Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hot and Spicy Nachos

I have been on a Mexican kick this week and since we are very far from my hometown of San Antonio that has tons of delicious Mexican restaurants, I have been making the dishes here at the house.

Wednesday: low fat chicken enchiladas
Thursday: chicken taco soup (the high here was in the low 60s)

Tonight: chicken nachos

Here's what happened tonight with the nachos.

can of chunk chicken
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Corn tortillas(10, cut up)
Mexican cheese
Refried beans
Tomatoes
Marinated jalapeƱos

I didn't have any actual
chips on hand, so I made my own by cutting the corn tortillas into eighths and baking them on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. I drizzled a little olive oil and put some sea salt on top before popping them into the oven.

Once those were baked, I topped them with refried beans, a dash of cheese, some lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeƱos, and the chunk chicken. I also topped it our homemade salsa which I talked about in my last post.

There is no precise measurement for the amount of ingredients, it just depends on how much topping you like.

Here is the final result:

No comments:

Post a Comment